About Federation of Asian Biotech Associations
FABA is a not-for-profit organisation with a heritage that spans over 16 years with a mission of providing a global platform for academy, industry and Government bodies to come together and interact. We partner with industry and academia in promoting innovation and entrepreneurship. We are working to shape the future of the biotechnology for the benefit of science and humanity. With over 1000 members and presence in over 19 nations, FABA is the worlds leading professional body for biotechnology & pharmaceutical scientists, supporting and representing our members and bringing together from all over the world. BioAsia, the global biobusiness forum, being organised for the past 16 years in Hyderabad, is the flagship event of FABA (http://bioasia.in/). In addition FABA organises workshops, seminars and distinguished lectures by eminent scientists in emerging areas of relevance to the industry in all the member countries. ”
- To promote and safeguard the overall interests of Biotechnology as a science, profession, industry or trade by coordinating with research professionals, entrepreneurs, industries and academic institutions of Asian Countries.
- To promote collaborations between academia and industries engaged in biotechnology among the member and non-member countries.
- To promote the development of Biotechnology and to establish just and equitable principles of participation and practice among the member countries.
- To act as a facilitator between Industry and Governments to encourage investments in the field of Biotechnology and also cross border trade in terms of export outsourcing of services, products and other related activities.
- To sponsor study and business teams to member countries and any other place in the world and to invite individuals, experts and scientists and similar delegations from member countries for elsewhere. individuals, experts and scientists and similar delegations from member countries for elsewhere.